08-30-2013 10:43 AM
The BIOS battery for a G42-415DX that I just bought used was rattling around inside the case. I was able to coax it out through the hard drive bay but now I want to put it back in place. Can anyone show me instructions on how to replace the BIOS battery?
Solved! View Solution.
08-30-2013 10:54 AM
Unfortunately this will require a lot of disassembly as the RTC cell is clipped to the underside of the System Board - see Page 96 of your Maintenance & Service Guide for full details.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Windows Insider MVP
08-30-2013 10:59 AM - edited 08-30-2013 11:04 AM
Go here to the maintenance and service guide on page 86. You will need to download adobe reader to be able to see the guide.
**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot