07-07-2016 03:29 PM
Currently, my Insyde BIOS (version F.0C dated 3/30/2010) does not allow for NX/XD capability, thus not allowing me to upgrade to Windows 10 (from W7 SP1)
Will BIOS upgrade F.0E Rev (01/07/2011) listed on the HP website for my machine (running Intel Core i5 M430 @ 2.27Ghz) upgrade my particular BIOS to enable XD? Details of this BIOS upgrade state: Enables the Intel CPU "Execute Disable Bit" functionality automatically, which helps to prevent some classes of malicious buffer overflow attacks when combined with a supporting operating system.
08-11-2016 11:56 AM - edited 08-11-2016 11:57 AM
In the end a rhetorical question. I took the risk and installed the HP bios upgrade. It worked, the laptop does not crash with the bios upgrade and Windows 10 has been successfully installed.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot