Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
MisterPenguin Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Backlit Keyboard No Longer Working with Windows 10

HP Envy x360 15-u111dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I purchased the laptop it cames with Windows 8.1. I upgraded to an SSD myself and put Windows 8.1 back on and almost immediately upgraded to Windows 10. Sadly, I do not remember if the backlit keyboard worked on 8.1 with the SSD. I assume I am missing some driver or something simple like that but I have had my laptop identified on the HP site and installed all the drivers for it. If I recall correctly pressing F5 should do the trick but it does not. Just an FYI, when I hit caps lock and the mute button it lights up orange as it should. 

4 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16542 952 2191
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @MisterPenguin,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have looked into your issue about your HP Envy x360 15-u111dx and the Backlit keyboard not working. You could restore the BIOS to factory defaults help with this. Here is a document that will help as it will reset the Hardware to defaults.

Please let me know how this goes. To express appreciation for my post please click the Thumbs up icon.  

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Restoring the BIOS to default settings has changed nothing. 

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
29 3 10
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You mentioned you are pressing F5.     Are you pressing FN + F5?   (I'd need to see a picture of your keyboard to know for sure it's the right button).     But generally those buttons are F1 through F12,  or if you press the FN button (bottom left of keyboard) along with one of the F1-F12 buttons, whatever the picture/image represents.... happens.

Just making sure it's not just a matter of also pressing FN.

Brian

0 Kudos
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Trust me, thats not the problem. Pretty sure I woulnd't be on the forums if that was it. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation