08-04-2011 05:22 AM
My first HP Pavilion dv6 which i bought 1 and a bit years ago had a fault a few days ago. The backspace does not work on it anymore and I can't get support since warrenty expired 2 months ago. Is there anywhere i can get it fixed and how much would it cost?
08-04-2011 06:54 AM - edited 08-04-2011 06:56 AM
Connect an external USB keyboard to verify that the problem is with the notebook keyboard.
That shouldn't be a terribly expensive repair. The keyboard is easy to replace. You can have it replaced at a PC or laptop shop or do it yourself if you have enough confidence in your skills.
I think you have the wrong idea about the forum. This is not a website which gives quotes on repairs. Google the part to get an idea of the price and then look online or in your phonebook to source a repair shop. If you had actually identified your notebook then more specific answers (help) could be given.
If your problem is solved , please click the Accepted Solution button
I am not an HP Employee, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot