Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-au070sa (Energy Star) My Notebook
Microsoft Windows 11

My Laptop was not charging up very quickly if at all, so I tested my battery and it said 'Normal'.  

Someone on here very kindly advised me which AC Adaptor I should buy and I got one from eBay.  However, unfortunately, the situation is still the same with regard to the battery charging status.

Do I assume the battery is no good now?  I can return the charger.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The battery is 5 and a half years since manufacture. Surprisingly it still is holding 99% of the original charge. 229 is a normal cycle count at this age of the battery but is getting up there. I hesitate to tell you the battery is bad without a bit more evidence but a 5+ year old battery can't have much life left in any event. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Give us the full advanced output of the battery test please. I would say most likely you need a new battery but let's examine all the evidence. 

HP Recommended

Okay, will do, but probably tomorrow now. 

Thank you for your continued interest and support. 

HP Recommended
  • Warranty Type: 3
  • Cycle count: 229 / 1000
  • Manufacturer: 313-42-31
  • Battery Age: N/A
  • Serial Number: 08319 04/09/2016
  • Temperature: 18 °C
  • Current: 165 mA
  •  
  • Terminal Voltage: 8864 mV
  • Design Voltage: 7700 mV
  • AC Power: Yes
  • CT Number: 6FRQLN3GW240K8
  • Design Capacity: 41 WHr
  • Full Charge Capacity: 41 WHr (99%)
  • Remaining Capacity: 23 WHr

Above is the information you requested on my laptop battery test.  Hope you find it useful.  I couldn't see any other information, so hope this is right.

Thank you

HP Recommended

The battery is 5 and a half years since manufacture. Surprisingly it still is holding 99% of the original charge. 229 is a normal cycle count at this age of the battery but is getting up there. I hesitate to tell you the battery is bad without a bit more evidence but a 5+ year old battery can't have much life left in any event. 

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your expert advice, it's very much appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.