Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-cp0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this machine from an electronics retailer on 6 June 2019, it was an ex demo machine. According to HP the warranty on this machine expired on 12 December 2019, I understand the the retailer mjust still honour the warranty for a full 12 months.  With the battery showing the fault stated below will it be covered under a warranty?

Primary Logic State - OK (0), Charge State - Blown Fuse (42)

Failure ID: U0APTH-971A0K-GXGJ3F-C08L03

Product ID: 4RE10EA#ABU

Charge Capacity: 76%

Warranty Type: 3

Cycle Count: 202

Manufacturer: 333-54-35-A

Battery Age: 524 Days

Serial Number: 30091 08/13/2018

Temperature: 30 Deg C

Design Capacity: 4560 mAh

Full Charge Capacity: 3502 mAh

Remaining Capacity: 3044mAh (86%)

Current :0 mA

AC Power: Yes

Terminal Voltage: 12439 mV

Design Voltage: 11550 mV

Call Voltage 1: 4092 mV

Cell Voltage 2: 4217 mV

Cell Voltage 3: 4130 mV

Cell Voltage 4: 0 mV

CT Number: 6GXLA51CFB7MGV

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The battery would have been covered under HP warranty which is generally 1 year from first retail purchase. We are not really in a position to give you a legal opinion as to whether the retailer must also honor the warranty other than to tell you the battery would have been covered  by HP and may or may not still be depending on how the laptop was sold to you and if it had previously been sold. If I were you I would make an HP claim and be prepared to share your purchase documentation. The battery has quite a bit of use on it and has failed with a blown internal fuse.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The battery would have been covered under HP warranty which is generally 1 year from first retail purchase. We are not really in a position to give you a legal opinion as to whether the retailer must also honor the warranty other than to tell you the battery would have been covered  by HP and may or may not still be depending on how the laptop was sold to you and if it had previously been sold. If I were you I would make an HP claim and be prepared to share your purchase documentation. The battery has quite a bit of use on it and has failed with a blown internal fuse.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your swift reply.  I shall contact both HP and the retailer tomorrow.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.