18 16 0 4
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery Drain after SHUTDOWN

HP Spectre x360 - 13-4108na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I ahve a problem with my HP Spectre x360 - 13-4108na. Had it for about 11 months, after the most recent Windows 10 update it has developed a problem. When i shutdown and i mean shutdown/power off not sleep the battery still drains?

I have looked online and the battery test was fine a cmd battery test shows on the 15th Sept i shutdown with 79% battery on the 17th Sept i started my laptop with only 19% charge?

I have update the bios and turned off fast start yesterday. It shut down with 71%, it started at 55% this morning?

Alot better but still bad. Any idea what is doing this. As i say it seems to be only from the latest windows update around the 13th of Sept.

Any help appreciated

Carl

9 REPLIES 9
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 712 1901
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @f1fan,

Thank you for your query.  I am glad to lend a helping hand.

I grasp that after the most recent Windows 10 upgrade that the battery power drains when the notebook is powered off.  First, would you check for the option "provide energy to the USB ports even when the computer is off". If it has been enabled, disable it and save your changes. I would also try testing and calibrating the battery. HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10).  Please let me know if this helped. 

When you have resolved your difficulty, would you choose "Accepted Solution" on that post to alert other members and visitors to your success and perhaps help them. To show appreciation for my help. please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
f1fan Tutor
Tutor
18 16 0 4
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Have done both. Battery passes the test. I am thinking of reseting my laptop back to how it came brand new as i have a problem with the wifi as well, but had that for a while.

Do you think this might help as i dont thing its a battery problem but more a software or hardware problem.

Thanks Carl

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 712 1901
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @f1fan,

Thank you for the update.  If you created a restore point before the update was installed I would try that before resetting the notebook.  HP PCs - Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 10, 8).  If that is not possible or does not work, I would try resetting the notebook as you suggested.  HP PCs - Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 10) Please let me know how it went.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
f1fan Tutor
Tutor
18 16 0 4
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Tried a system restore. Didnt work. So reset it and still drains the battery. was 62% last night on startup now its 45

%. What do you think is wrong?

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 712 1901
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI @f1fan,

Thank you for the update. As you should still be in warranty, please contact HP Support for assistance. With your permission they can remotely connect to you system to help find and fix issues. Contact HP Support  Fill out the online form and follow the prompts. Please let me know the outcome.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
f1fan Tutor
Tutor
18 16 0 4
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi HP Support didnt even help. Siad its a consumable part. They did remoltey connect but didnt do anything? Waste of time. From looking online my problem seem to be with the Intel Mangement Engine. I have version 11 and there seem to be a bug. Its advised to back to version 9.5 problem is its for windows 8.1 or less, so it wont install on my Laptop and it came with windows 10 pre installed.

Any idea where or if it exist anywhere or any help with this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 712 1901
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI @f1fan,

Thank you for the update. As you did mention the Intel Management Engine Driver, if you would like to try a different version here is a link to assist you.  Intel® Management Engine Driver (5M) for Intel® NUC - Windows® 10. I do suggest you create a restore point to come back to should it not help.  HP PCs - Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 10, 8). Please let me know the outcome.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
f1fan Tutor
Tutor
18 16 0 4
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Still the same. Please see this thread http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-drain-when-shut-down-HP...

See second from last comment. Please get HP to look at this as it's not just me but a Spectre Problem.

Taking it to my local shop as HP Support don't care. Have a good mind to send them the bill?

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 712 1901
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @f1fan,

Thank you for your response. I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details. If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works  please review this link.  First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation