Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible 13-ay0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bought this laptop nearly one month ago. From the very beginning, the batteries draining nearly 10% every day even if it is completely shut down. Contacted the HP support centre, done everything they instructed e.g., updating BIOS, drivers everything. But not solved. Any suggestions or is it normal? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you have fast startup enabled in the windows control panel>power options, that will tend to drain the battery more than it would if that setting was unchecked.

The reason why is because even though you are shutting down the notebook, more power is used to retain the settings so the notebook starts up faster.

I always turn off that setting.  I have found that the slightly longer boot time doesn't bother me.

Here's how to turn off the fast startup option if you want to give it a try.

How to disable Windows 10 fast startup (and why you'd want to) | Windows Central

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.