05-08-2017 01:18 PM
I've been having some trouble with my HP Spectre x360 battery draining while powered off (completely off, not just sleep mode or hibernate), but I couldn't find much online about it. It's been happening for a while, but I only recently paid attention enough to realize that almost 10% of the battery drains in about 12 hours while off.
I've tried running the battery component test on the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI, and that passed, saying the battery doesn't need to be calibrated. I know batteries usually drain while the pc/phone is powered off, but from what I've found it shouldn't be this much.
Thanks for taking the time to read and respond.
05-09-2017 01:44 AM
In our family we have three HP laptops, all do the same. They old models, the new ones usually don't do this. My advice would be to take out the battery when not in use :)
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot