Did you mean: 
Ydan13
Author
Level 2
12 9 0 10
Message 11 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks man! I updated last night and fully charged it. Going to post my observations over the next day.

Have any of you noticed when the laptop is completely shut down, charged all the way and the ac adapter is plugged in, the fan drones and is on? I'm speaking specifically about the left exhaust vent or the bottom vent left side !
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
KMohan
Level 2
21 21 0 4
Message 12 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No Go, the BIOS update to version F10, with the USB powered off in the BIOS didn't work.

I almost believed it would as the first 4hrs i noticed no drain, in the next 24hrs test , in less than 24 hrs 100% to 85%, the same severe loss.

I am now trying the Sphinx fix, seem to have worked for couple of people in the other thread. Please refer to the details and steps in the discussion thread below,

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-drain-when-shut-down-HP...

Hope this helps.

regards

Ydan13
Author
Level 2
12 9 0 10
Message 13 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Getting the same results over here on my end after updating the BIOS to the current version. Cheers, I'll take a look into the alternative solution that you posted. I'll update you on my results. Let me know if you find any other alternatives.

Our options are really dwindling here...

KMohan
Level 2
21 21 0 4
Message 14 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hurray!

Over 12 hrs and absolutely no drain still at 100%

The Sphinx fix works, so i think it was the bloody SSD driver or related that caused the issue!

I have quickly shut it down again, and will check back tomorrow when it will be more than 24hrs!

Looks promising so far! and confident i will get through beyond 24hrs as others who tried the fix did.

Hope this fixes battery drain while shutdown issue on spectre x360 late 2016 kaby lake machines!

Good luck!

Cheers

Ydan13
Author
Level 2
12 9 0 10
Message 15 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Great thanks! That is very good news. It's the sphinx fix you posted on the other forum right? I'll give it a try tonight!
KMohan
Level 2
21 21 0 4
Message 16 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre X360 Kaby Lake People!!!!!!!

Great news from me!!!:smileyvery-happy:

It has been over 24hours, and the battery is at full 100%!!!!!! absolutely no drain.

I can confirm now the Sphinx fix from Senchronize works like a charm!!!! Kudos!!!!

I am not sure if the same fix would apply to other spectre models, may be others who have explored can confirm, i am thinking the fix is hardware specific but then i am not expert.

Hope it solves the battery drain issues while powered off for all of you, at least for the late 2016 x360 kaby lake models.

You know what's funny?? I have been in touch with HP support on this for more than 2 weeks now in parallel, HP support has come back to me to test the battery using HP support assistant and send them a snapshot of the result is OK. This is after providing them all details of trials and test as posted here in the forum. I even asked them to look at this forum link. Hopeless primary support! I will point them again here so they can learn a thing or two.

Good luck guys!

Cheers

mkerdman
Level 1
12 8 0 1
Message 17 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sphinx Instructions?

Which .EXE file do I click on in the "Sphinx Directory", is it "flash_Rev9_TI14_B8_Sign.exe"?

What do I do with "PDFwflash_X32_v01.exe" in the "PD FW Ver check" Directory?

Thanks in advance 

AlexVasilev
2 1 0 0
Message 18 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello guys! I have the same kaby lake model and i also in a trouble with this issue. Could someone describe me step by step what should i do with "Sphinx fix"? It would be awesome. 

GAputer
4 3 0 0
Message 19 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Brand new laptop (purchased 3/26/2017 at Best Buy)...same problem.  Battery drains from 100% to 90% when the laptop is fully shut down in less than 24 hours.  After two days, while fully shut down, battery drains to 80%.  What happens in two weeks...I haven't tried yet, but suspect that the battery will be fully depleted.  I have no attachments in the 1 USB port or 2 Thunderbolt Ports.  I use a Microsoft Blutooth mouse.

HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-w0XX

Product # X7V20UA#ABA

Operating System:  Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Microprocessor:  Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz
System Memory: 16GB
Memory Slot 1:  8GB  SK Hynix 1867MHz
Memory Slot 2:  8GB  SK Hynix 1867MHz
System Board:  827E 94.55
System Bios:  F.22

I attempted HP online assistance and was told that the overnight discharge was "normal" and is intended to eliminate static charge buildup.  I was also told that startup after shutdown places a large drain on the battery and could decrease battery capacity.  At that time I had not seen the continued depletion of the battery over a two day period.  The HP support tech re-updated my bios and the battery software.  After those explanations and efforts the condition still exists (battery continues to discharge when shutdown).

After research online, I have seen several solutions posted, most of which are unsuccessful.  Some individuals, however,  report success.  One solution involves download of a "Sphinx" fix which apparently is not endorsed by HP.

While still searching for solutions and well within my warranty, I am trying this forum route for something I can do at home before surrendering my laptop...I am otherwise pleased with my purchase.
trjam
Level 1
8 8 0 2
Message 20 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended

well Ibought a new 13-W023DX and the first night it went from 100 percent charge to 92 percent with nothing hooked up.

I called support and he hooked in and went straight to work and installed the Sphinx file. This morning still at 100 percent. Hopefully this has rectified my issue and I have to admit, their support yesterday was great at addressing the issue. I love this laptop, coming from a ASUS UX330UA that had issues.

I would suggest you contact support and inform them they need to do the same to your laptop.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation