Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GAputer
4 3 0 0
Message 21 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I contacted HP Support last night and the tech applied the Phoenix fix for me. I completely shut down the laptop last night after charging it to 100%. This morning (about 8 1/2 hours later) I restarted the computer (on the battery) and the battery indicated 100%. PROBLEM RESOLVED. Many thanks to the HP TECH (Prabhu) for his knowledge of the issue, efficient response, and most importantly his follow-up phone call to me this morning to ensure that he had successfully resolved my problem. I am most impressed with his service (having been a bit disillusioned after the first attempt with HP Support). I am very pleased with the speed, graphics and portability of the Spectre and am relieved that HP has this issue is under control. Again many thanks.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
trjam
Level 1
8 8 0 2
Message 22 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended

the problem is, I dont think it actually fixes it, but masks it. I saw another poster earlier say after doing the file upgrade he thought his was fixed. Then when he went to use it it dropped from 100% to 92% in about 20 minutes.

Guess what, mine did the exact same thing. It never showed 99,98,97,96 it went straight to 92% in about 25 minutes after starting it up. It seems the 8% drain was there, it just doesnt show at startup until it cycles or does something and then straight to 92%.

I could be wrong, but I got it to do this every time after a full charge. Enough so, I sent the unit back to Amazon and got one of the new 2017 with the stylus pen.

Try it, if yours shows a graduated decrease from 100% coming down then I would sday your issue is fixed. But if it goes from 100% to 92% then HP may have some explaining to do.

cheers 

mkerdman
Level 1
12 8 0 1
Message 23 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Does the 2017  HP Spectre X360 13.3"   behave properly with regard to fully charging and holding a charge overnight, or does it have the same battery problems as the Late 2016 Model?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

trjam
Level 1
8 8 0 2
Message 24 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have been assured it doesnt have the same issue. Febuary 2017 or later build.

mkerdman
Level 1
12 8 0 1
Message 25 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you taken delivery of the 2017 HP X360 13.3" and tried it out yet?

trjam
Level 1
8 8 0 2
Message 26 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended

no not till next week, why? you heard omething different

mkerdman
Level 1
12 8 0 1
Message 27 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No, I was hoping you had received and tested the 2017 Build HP Spectre X360 13.3"  and could confirm that it had no battery issues right out of the box so I could buy one with confidence.

trjam
Level 1
8 8 0 2
Message 28 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I know one of the computer sellers at Amazon and he knows me. He knows I will return it if what he said isnt true so he wouldnt waste his time turning a new one into a used one with me.

Also in googling and checking around I really couldnt find anything. I still think it had something to do with the ssd in those units that had it

mkerdman
Level 1
12 8 0 1
Message 29 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I look forward to your posting your tests and impressions about the batttery life and discharge behavior here after you have recieved it. DId you order the 13.3" 4K Model?

lopdav
2 1 0 0
Message 30 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I got one in March it's still the same, although i read this isnt a fault but by design.

It's all to do with the fact you can power your usb devices when pluggedd in and off, hence small drain each day its off.

there are plenty that say this feature can be turned off in the BIOS, by deactivating the USB ports power when off feature and that this then stops the drain of a few % each day.

I haven't changed my bios or tried this yet but probably will as I personally done see much benefit in charging devices from ports when laptop is off. 

Look for "changing bios to stop daily pwoer drain" for the laptop and it explains the process.

Regards

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation