cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Battery Failure ID

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Team,

I have been using a HP Pavilion Notebook with Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) for last 4+ years. Last month I accidently knocked a bottle of water over my keyboard. I switched off the computer immediately, allowed it to dry for 2 days and for the last 4+ weeks there has been no major concerns.

As part of my work, I use my laptop to connect to a Microsoft LifeCam to record videos. While charging my laptop today, I noticed that it took a very long time to charge to its full capacity (at that time it showed 79%). I unplugged and plugged in the charger again. I went away for 2-3 mins and when I returned back, I saw the screen flickering. I immediately unplugged the charger and power cord and the laptop shut down automatically. I connected it again to the power supply and the laptop switched on. However, after this, the laptop does not switch on unless connected to the power supply. When the power supply is cut or the charger is removed from its port, it shuts down automatically. I have checked the adapter and changed the plug points, but the problem persists. The LED light near the port, where the charger is connected, indicates 100% battery charge, but on the screen its '80% available (plugged in)'.

I did a battery check and AC adapter test with HP PC Hardware Diagnostics and both failed the test. The failure ID for my battery check is 6ALFL4-8K9AB1-MFPUQ1-C08U03. I could not find a failure ID for the AC adapter test.

My version of Windows and BIOS is updated. I'm planning to run a full scan to check for any possible, hidden viruses. Yesterday there were some network connectivity issues but all has been resolved today.

I kindly request you to advise me on how I can solve this issue.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Level 17
Level 17
43,934 43,720 7,011 12,356
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Failure Information
Failure ID Tag Checksum HP Serial Number Test Date Failure Code Device Includes Error Message
6ALFL4-8K9AB1-MFPUQ1-C08U03OK5CD7xxx12/18/20601PowerAC Adaptor, Battery, Cache Battery Pack, Charger, Power Cord, Power SupplyBattery 1

After 4+ years it is not surprising to need to replace the battery. I would do that first. If the laptop runs on the AC adapter, doubtful it is bad. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation