Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-cc 129tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Battery Check 04-08-2019 08_03_29.png

Please see the attached Screenshot. What is total Warranty for this battery - TF03XL? I have an extended care pack. The Technical support people on the call are not able to answer/assist me correctly. They keep telling me to buy a new battery at my own expense since I am out of my base warranty of 1 year.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05843717 <--------- This tells XL batteries can be eligible under extended warranty. Though my Notebook is not a business series but a consumer one, the battery used in two series are the same, and I am looking for a replacement.

It also mentions Warranty type : 3, what does that mean? I read somewhere it is for HP's Internal reference, but I ain't buying that. I suspect that it indicates a 3-year warranty.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@pavan_aithal I've looked around and the warranty type 3 seems to be a code to identify the kind of warranty you have internally within HP, however, I couldn't find more details on the same, the rest of the information is pretty self-explanatory.

The information shows the date your battery was manufactured. How many times it has been discharged and charged back up (cycles), the original charge capacity and what is left in each cell. Your battery is pretty run down and needs replacement. 

That said, I have successfully decoded the failure ID from the screenshot you've attached: 9K2C9X-9059NQ-MFPUQK-C0B023

And it represents the error: 601 (Battery 1 failure) and requires a replacement.

Also, the link you've shared is for business laptops, while you have a consumer laptop, they are two different product lines.

The battery warranty lasts for 90days after the purchase of the product and if its past that date, there could be charges to replace it, alternatively you may replace the battery using the HP Parts Store or use the universal part numbers from the parts store to order via local online stores such as eBay, Amazon, etc...

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@pavan_aithal I've looked around and the warranty type 3 seems to be a code to identify the kind of warranty you have internally within HP, however, I couldn't find more details on the same, the rest of the information is pretty self-explanatory.

The information shows the date your battery was manufactured. How many times it has been discharged and charged back up (cycles), the original charge capacity and what is left in each cell. Your battery is pretty run down and needs replacement. 

That said, I have successfully decoded the failure ID from the screenshot you've attached: 9K2C9X-9059NQ-MFPUQK-C0B023

And it represents the error: 601 (Battery 1 failure) and requires a replacement.

Also, the link you've shared is for business laptops, while you have a consumer laptop, they are two different product lines.

The battery warranty lasts for 90days after the purchase of the product and if its past that date, there could be charges to replace it, alternatively you may replace the battery using the HP Parts Store or use the universal part numbers from the parts store to order via local online stores such as eBay, Amazon, etc...

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.