Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15 au-118tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my battery is damaged o, so it showed to replace it.  I went to hp world for new battery, they opened my laptop and what I saw that battery was duplicate and not the original genuine one. 

My laptop has battery part number :-  849569-541 or 849909-850 (see photo)
But original as per official site, it should have battery part number :-  849909-855 ( http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05228250 (see page 31) ).
I think It was replaced by when i had my top cover of laptop replaced , around march 2018.( or hp sells such laptops with non genuine parts). Please Help!!! what should i do now?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@RUTWIK

Sorry but the battery in your picture is GENUINE.

The documentation you refer to was produced in 2016.

You purchased your model laptop around early to mid 2017.

The battery part number for your model laptop could have changed during that time period.

And to accuse someone of fraud when it is unwarranted is very serious.

Govern yourself accordingly,

REO

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Community @RUTWIK

If the battery is bad replace it!!!

REO

HP Recommended

Buying is not an issue.

Issue is why is battery part number(which is 849909-850) is not genuine (849909-855) ?

do hp sell such laptops ? or service centre just replaced my battery with fake one?

HP Recommended

@RUTWIK

Sorry but the battery in your picture is GENUINE.

The documentation you refer to was produced in 2016.

You purchased your model laptop around early to mid 2017.

The battery part number for your model laptop could have changed during that time period.

And to accuse someone of fraud when it is unwarranted is very serious.

Govern yourself accordingly,

REO

HP Recommended

You sure its genuine ?

HP manual for HP-15 au118tx says its 849909-855.(dated 2016)

I bought laptop around 22th October 2016.

HP officially battery spare part number is 849909-855(now on 26th december 2018 ).

Thank you.

It would have  849909-855 to  849909-850 to  849909-855 in 2 years. Is it ?

Edit :- Please reply, i think my battery was changed.If it is not, it is no problem .

Is there any way to verify ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.