Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello All,

I need your help please. My notebaook's batter currently goes empty suddenly without any notification message as it was before. I really lost many data when I was working on it as result of this issue. Also, When I put the battery on recharging mode connected to the adapter , the recharging suddenly stops as well.  How can resolve this issue? Thanks in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Abdo_Shahat,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Have you tried to use a different compatible charger and check if it helps?

Does the laptop shutdown right away if the charger is disconnected from the laptop?

Please share the product number of your PC to assist you better

Let's start off by uninstalling the battery drivers from Device manager: 

Unplug the charge and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%. 

Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins. 

Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager, 

Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed. 

Also, Go through them all and let me know what you have determined is causing the issue. 

The first document has the most relevant troubleshooting if your battery appears to be not charging. 

Battery Does not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge 

Next thing, I would suggest here is to update the BIOS and the Chipset drivers to the latest version using the Official HP website for drivers and downloads: Click here to find it. 

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Run a battery test using F2 (during restart), if the test failed: 

Check with an alternate battery. 

HP Notebook PCs - Using and Testing the AC Power Adapter

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Jeet, 

I tried all steps. The Battery and Adapter Check was passed. 

The problem remains the same. My HP Notebook suddenly goes off without notification. 

HP Recommended

This seems to be a possible hardware failure. I would recommend you contact our HP support team for further assistance. 

I would recommend you contact our HP support team for further assistance. 

HP support team can be reached on this link

Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you.

That said, Take care and have a great day!

Thank you 😉

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.