Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

i bought an HP SPectre x360 13t 2018 a couple months of ago.  I too am only getting about 2-3 hours of battery life with most apps turned off and on battery saver.  This is unacceptable.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@tomberlinde Welcome to HP Forums,

Let's get straight to it!

I understand you need information on how the battery works, as you feel it's draining the battery too soon, well, here's what you need to know about how the battery typically drains: Click here (All you need to know)

If you aren't satisfied with that information, and you feel there's an issue with the battery, I recommend reinstalling the battery drivers using the below steps:

• Unplug the charge and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%.
  • Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins.
  • Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager,
  • Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed.

If you've done the reinstallation of the battery drivers and yet the issue persists, I recommend you run a test and calibrate the drivers: Click here for instructions.

Please get back to me with the results and I'll guide you accordingly.

Keep me posted, as I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, only in case you don't get back to us, first! 

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us, and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have undertaken all of these steps including upgrading BIOS.  It has not changed power issues.  Just draining in 3-4 hours.  Even drains when it is shut off.  Go figure.

HP Recommended

@tomberlinde

Did you run a test on the battery to identify the cause of the issue? If not please use the link for the steps and battery draining while the PC is shut down is normal depending on the options selected on your PC,

you could try turning off the below option:

1. Go to Start, search for Device Manager, and open this result.

2. Expand batteries.

3. Right-click on the ACPI option (usually the 2nd option) and select delete or uninstall. Follow the prompts.

4. Shut down the computer. 

5. Disconnect the charger.

6. Remove the battery.

7. Hold down the power button for 1 minute.

8. Insert the battery only.

9. Attempt to turn the battery on.

• If this had an impact, it should behave differently.
  • If not, Press the power button and then tap the F2 key to invoke the startup menu.

• Choose and click on the F10 key to invoke the BIOS.
  •  Use the System Configuration tab. Disable USB Charging and press the F10 key to save the changes and boot into Windows.

I hope that answers your query,

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.