Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 14-bf015na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So, I think I am having some issues with my battery. Firstly, when I turn on my laptop (HP Pavilion - 14-bf015na), I get a message in startup informing me about my battery level is low and may need to be replaced. I've been noticing my computer just shuts down even when it's in 30% charge range. 

I've carried out component tests via HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Window and my adapter passed the test so that's no issue but I did get the report that my battery needs to be calibrated which I then tried to do. I tried calibration on on the diagnostics window (and it didn't work)  and HP support assistant (this just came back with the result that the calibration was cancelled which it wasn't. At this point, I'm guessing I will need to replace the battery but I just wanted to see if anyone could provide any further support or advice. If not, I also need help finding the right replacement battery to purchase as I am clueless at the moment. Currently just keeping my laptop plugged in since I'm a student and have classes this week.

many thanks for any tips in advance.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.