Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 15-df1010na 4K Convertib Product 7PZ50EA#ABU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I just bought a HP Spectre x360 15-df1010na 4K Convertib Product 7PZ50EA#ABU

The battery seems to only last less than 2 hours when connected to a second screen streaming a news channel and connected to a CRM server working on a database. I have checked for HP updates, performed a BIOS update and removed bloatware. I have 3 Onedrive accounts, Google Drive account, iCloud and Dropbox for cloud storage but paused all of them to see if it changed anything... which it doesn't. I checked the battery life with HP software which states it is OK. 

Please help as it wasn't an inexpensive laptop and I expected a lot more than 2 hours! 

I've got the 1TB SSD with 16GB version. 

Thanks in advance 🙂 

Nicholas
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

This may seem an odd question, but why are you connecting and streaming without using the external power adapter?

"connected to a second screen streaming a news channel and connected to a CRM server working on a database."  That may be enough to work the processor and GPU hard enough to only allow 2 hours of battery capacity.

How about running the notebook on its own to see how much time (battery capacity) in hours it achieve.

You can use the battery-report utility that is part of Windows to see just how much capacity your notebook has when connected to a second screen streaming a news channel and connected to a CRM server working on a database."

This is how to invoke the Battery-report.

Power on and boot to Windows.

In the search box next to the Windows icon, type in CMD and right-click the Command prompt icon  that appears above and select Runas Administrator.

In the command prompt window, type in powercfg /batteryreport and press the enter key. 

Now type in battery-report.html  at the command prompt and press the enter key.

That should open a browser and invoke the  detailed battery report.

I provide more information on the battery report in the notebook knowledge article that I authored in the document at the link below this line.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Knowledge-Base/Is-your-notebook-plugged-in-and-not-charging/...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Thank you for your response. 

You ask why do I run it without an adaptor: I left my power adaptor in the office which also served to check what kind of time I get from the battery without an adaptor. I travel a lot and often need to Teamviewer onto the CRM or use my test CRM environment when in the airport or on a plane.  I think 2 hours is pretty poor really... Obviously I wouldn't be streaming video at the same time. 

I will run some tests without the CRM work and no external display to see what kind of battery life I get and also preform the battery report. 

Thank you for your response. 

Nicholas
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.