18 11 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Battery Malfunctioning

HP 15-g003nia
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop battery is not charging (now at 0%) even though the AC adaptor seems to be working fine because the red indicator for charging is still displaying. Something else surprising is that, on windows(desktop) if powered directly with electricity, at the taskbar the battery icon displays "plugged in, charging" which is not. What is the problem? Please help!

4 REPLIES 4
Level 15
Level 15
19,055 18,997 1,773 4,196
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Battery Malfunctioning

@Sheyiie 

What you describe could be the battery not charging or not holding a charge and/or the charger not working.

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:
http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00259897
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03325217
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00363266?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0006

If those confirm the battery is not charging or not holding a charge, you would need to replace it.

If those confirm the charger is not working, you would need to replace that.

If both the battery and charger check out OK, then it's an internal problem with the circuitry in the laptop, and unless the laptop is still under warranty, it's likely to cost more to fix that than to replace the laptop, outright.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Sheyiie
Level 2
18 11 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Battery Malfunctioning

Hi! Thanks for the above information. There's a new development as regards the battery. The battery charged yesterday to 100%, I used it till it drops to 42% before I went to bed. This morning it charged to 100% but the battery is not powering the system. It's just like it didn't charge at all. Although it's displaying 100% at the battery icon in taskbar, but the laptop goes off immediately it's disconnected for power supply. Please help

0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
19,055 18,997 1,773 4,196
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Battery Malfunctioning

@Sheyiie 

Sorry, but the diagnostic steps are all we can do from here -- as we have no way to examine or repair your PC.

From your description, even though the battery CLAIMS to charge to 100%, it sounds like it's not holding the charge, since it drops so quickly.  That might be solved by getting a new battery, but there is no guarantee.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Sheyiie
Level 2
18 11 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Battery Malfunctioning

I have bought another battery which is working perfectly. Thanks for the help

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation