Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP NOTEBOOK 15-AC039TU
Chrome OS

Battery gets empty suddenly like It had 50% charge and shut down suddenly. Then I have to connect charger & start again. It stops at random percentage while charging and shows plugged in, not charging. Now It's stucked at 2%. I'm using this as a desktop, plugged in all time. I'm using Chrome OS(by neverware- CLOUD READY)

Help me with solution please. If I need to buy new battery. Can you provide me link of battery of my product because I have already tried but end up getting nothing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello adityasur124g,

Sorry about the late response. Yes, I advise a battery replacement. You can opt for purchasing it and replacing it yourself or contacting HP/visiting an HP Service Center. If you are under warranty, the service should be free of cost.

Contact HP Worldwide here.

Phone HP Worldwide here.

Check warranty status here.

Find an HP Authorized Service Center near you here.

Best regards,

Eddy

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello adityasur124g,

First confirm that the battery has a problem:

1. Repeatedly press Esc upon startup
  2. Select F2 (System Diagnostics)
  3. Select the desired language
  4. Navigate to component tests
  5. Select Battery

HP will provide support options if you are under warranty and the battery has in fact failed.

Let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,

Eddy

HP Recommended

I did as you described, but I think my laptop is not detecting the battery because "BATTERY" was not listed under the menu "System Diagnostics". 

HP Recommended

Hello adityasur124g,

Try this update:

HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp79001-79500/sp79070.exe

If the battery test shows up, run that.

Usually less accurate but you can also opt for running a battery test in HP Support Assistant:

HP Support Assistant

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78001-78500/sp78153.exe

Regards,

Eddy

HP Recommended

Actually I have a laptop with a old processor(celeron), so windows does not run smoothly, so I have installed chromium os. So I can't download that application. Do you have any other option? Or I think it's time to visit hp service centre. If I can't do then I have to handover my laptop to them.... 

HP Recommended

Hello adityasur124g,

Sorry about the late response. Yes, I advise a battery replacement. You can opt for purchasing it and replacing it yourself or contacting HP/visiting an HP Service Center. If you are under warranty, the service should be free of cost.

Contact HP Worldwide here.

Phone HP Worldwide here.

Check warranty status here.

Find an HP Authorized Service Center near you here.

Best regards,

Eddy

HP Recommended
Thank you.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.