Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre X360 Convertible 13-w0XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,
I recently replaced my battery. It worked fine. 2 Weeks Later, I put my laptop to sleep and the next day, the battery is not charging when plugged in. The white light (near the charging port) is always on even after shutdown - and sometimes blinks.

I followed the steps earlier stated in the forum for the same issue (Solved: Hp laptop battery plugged in but not charging - HP Support Community - 6118595).

I uninstalled Microsoft ACPI Method Battery and restarted, but issue is not fixed. I have uninstalled MS ACPI Method Battery and shutdown and waited more than 12 hours and restarted with the charger plugged in - Issue still not fixed. I have waited 1 hour and restarted multiple times - Issue still not fixed.

I ran battery tests few times - It said "Primary Battery - OK".
My battery is at 8% now, and it's not charging. The Battery Test now says "Unknown".
Please help.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Labmer_RF_120

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, this sounds like hardware related issue with the battery.
As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks Echo_Lake for the timely response. I noted your recommendations, but unfortunately, I couldn't afford the down time that may come with visiting the support centers. 

However, HP recently sent a BIOS Update & I installed the update. The laptop was charging normally for 2 days and then the issue reoccurred. 

Then, I followed this post - Plugged in, not charging after BIOS update - HP Support Community - 6599580  . According to advice here, I followed the following steps - 

1. Uninstall MS ACPI control Method battery.

2. Force shutdown laptop - holding power button down for 5 seconds.

3. Unplug charger, Press & Hold power button for > 15 seconds.

4. Plug charger back in. Did not turn on laptop. Left for charging. 

And then battery is charging to 100%. Switched on laptop after some time(>6-10 hrs). Battery charged to 100%.

Then I Used laptop without charger plugged in. If I plug in charger when battery is >~60%, it charging to 100% again. However, If I plug in charger when battery is at 35% or lower, then Battery not charging - White light appears after few seconds. But if I follow the above 4 steps again, then battery is getting charged to 100% overnight ( I am following the steps daily at the end of the day). 

Please let me know if there's a software hack to fix the issue or if visiting Support is my only option ?

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.