06-14-2016 07:58 AM - last edited on 02-03-2017 04:12 PM by OscarFuentes
In cooperation with various government regulatory agencies, HP has announced an expansion of its June 2016 worldwide voluntary safety recall and replacement program for certain notebook batteries. Additional batteries are affected. The affected batteries have the potential to overheat, posing a fire and burn hazard to customers.
Because affected batteries pose a fire and burn hazard, it is essential to recheck your battery even if you did so previously and were told that you were not affected. Note: if you have already received a replacement battery, you are not affected by this expansion.
To recheck your battery, and order a replacement if eligible, go to the HP Battery Recall website at: http://www.HP.com/go/batteryprogram2016
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot