Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (213 Views)

Battery Replacement? "Plugged in, not charging"

Product Name: HP Spectre x360
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm from the US but am currently studying in the UK. I purchased a power adapter and had been using it to charge my laptop for about a week before I noticed a few days ago that it was no longer charging, but rather had the message "plugged in, not charging". I did a battery check through HP Support Assistant, which determined that the laptop's battery has to be replaced. I've only had this computer for a little over a year, so I'm not sure if I've been using a faulty adapter or what to have caused the battery to need replacement. 

Is there a different fix known for my predicament? If not, what're the steps in obtaining a new battery with an expired warranty, and will the same thing just happen given that I'll be in the UK for another few months and need to be using an adapter?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (169 Views)

Re: Battery Replacement? "Plugged in, not charging"

@cathalvo

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 
I'll be glad to help you Smiley Happy

As I understand the battery test determined that it needs a replacement and you wanted the details about how you could get the same done:

If the laptop was purchased in the United states, the battery replacement would have been free if the laptop was covered within the HP 1yr factory warranty, however, since the warranty has expired you could purchase a compatible battery either at a local store or at the Official HP online store.

Let me know if those steps worked for you.  If they did, that’s awesome!  Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation