08-12-2016 02:03 AM
Hope you are doing well. My battery icon says '2% available (plugged in, not charging)'. I have done a battery check on Hp Support assistant and it says:
The battery is reporting a failure and needs to be replaced as soon as possible. Based on the age of your PC and battery, it appears it is no longer covered by your HP Warranty. REOOW
I'm not sure about replacing the batterry. Please inform me if there is anything easier and or cheaper to do.
08-12-2016 05:09 AM
Keep using it on AC power is about it. Batteries are consumable items with a finite life like tires or brakes on a car. When they go, they must be replaced to keep using the laptop as intended.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot