11-14-2019 02:07 PM
The other day I replaced the battery on my pavilion 15z. It worked fine until yesterday, and now I can only use it while it is plugged in, as it will not hold a charge, and the battery will only read 0. When I try to run diagnostics, the hp hardware diagnostics will give me an error code "cancelled" and the hp support assist will not perform the test.
11-17-2019 03:29 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Let's perform a battery test:
- Make sure the power cord and adapter is connected to the system and wall outlet.
- Press and hold the power button until the computer turns off completely.
- Turn on the computer.
- Immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second, until the UEFI Hardware Diagnostics screen is displayed.
- In the UEFI Main menu, select Component Tests.
- In the Component Tests menu, select Power.
- In the Power menu, select the battery test.
Click Run once, or Loop until error.
While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.
If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.
Let me know if this helps.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee