Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible 13-ag0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought this laptop less than month ago. I am experiencing some very annoying problems that had. 

1. VERY loud fan noise especially the time when I on the laptop (even at idle)

2.. Increasing temperature even is idle(not under load)

3. CPU usage goes very high and loud fan when only open few (3 tabs)  google chrome tab for articles page.

4. Battery life is not so good as even some light works, internet browsing only can last for 4 -4.5hours (in battery saver mode and backlite off. Very disappointed as HP advertise it for at least 11 hours. This is not even half of it.

5. Battery drain when power off.  I charge it to 100%, after 2-3 days without using it, the battery will drop to 75% when i open it again!  

I bought this laptop is for my daily driver, but it seems to cause a lot a problem for me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@WengSeng

Thank you for responding,

This is the Riddle_Decipher, again!

I recommend you refer to my private message for further assistance as this could be a hardware malfunction, though the hardware tests have passed, it could be a malfunction within the charger port and it's not being detected on the test as those tests don't usually test the ports:

That said, please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, using the blue envelope: 

Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums

I hope your day gets better, good luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@WengSeng

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns

Please download the BIOS from this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

Also run a Battery Test from F2 Diagnostic and let me know the Results

- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. 
- When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the main menu, click Component Tests and Power > Battery

Keep me posted if the issue persists.

Thank you and have a great weekend

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

my laptop bios updated until version  F.19 . I think that is the latest update.

I have run my battery test, this is the test log 

HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows Application

Test cannot execute. Required service status: INSTALLED CeementBatteryCheckResult: 11 DevicesSupported: 1 DeviceCount: 1 Primary_ACPowerOn: False Primary_ACAdapterOk: True Primary_TestresultString: OK_NO_AC Primary_DesignCapacity: 3454mAh Primary_FullChargeCapacity: 3426mAh Primary_RemainingCapacity: 2542mAh Primary_MaxError: 1 Primary_CycleCount: 12 Primary_Voltage: 16018mV Primary_Current: 65074mA Primary_DesignVoltage: 15400mV Primary_Status: 192 Primary_CellVoltage1: 4006mV Primary_CellVoltage2: 3995mV Primary_CellVoltage3: 3999mV Primary_CellVoltage4: 3998mV Primary_SerialNumber: 05359 04/19/2018 Primary_ManufacturerName: 333-1C-52-A Primary_BatteryCTNumber: 6GXCU05WYAQCFB Primary_Warranty: 3 Primary_CalibrationType: 3 Primary_ChargeControl: NotSupported Primary_TempCharge: True Primary_ChargeTest: False Primary_ChargeCapacity: 99 Primary_TempAlarm: False Primary_DeepDischarge: False Primary_FullCharge: False Primary_FullChargeStatus: False Primary_BatteryCharge: True Primary_DesignCycleCount: 1000

And the issue still not solve, I fully charge the laptop and off it for 1 day, on the second day I open it the battery drop to 85%. 

HP Recommended

@KrazyToad wrote:

@WengSeng

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns

Please download the BIOS from this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

Also run a Battery Test from F2 Diagnostic and let me know the Results

- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. 
- When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the main menu, click Component Tests and Power > Battery

Keep me posted if the issue persists.

Thank you and have a great weekend

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

@hi, @KrazyToad

Capture- Battery Check.PNG

This is the battery test result from hp support assistant.  The problem still remained, after fulled charge, off the Laptop and open back day after, the battery still drains about 10-15%. This is made me so frustrating, is that battery not designed for power reverse? mean I have to charge it everyday? 

HP Recommended

@WengSeng

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm writing on behalf of my colleague @KrazyToad, as the tech is out for the day, that said, I have reviewed your concern and the entire conversation, did some research and here's what I recommend:

I'm afraid you've not performed the battery test using the F2 Hardware diagnostic tool as advised,

The main difference between the two, is that the battery check you've done runs within windows and isn't as accurate as the other test built-in only for the soul purpose of providing an accurate information on the battery and other parts within your device.

That said, I recommend you run the test using the below steps and if the tests passes without any errors I recommend you follow the steps mentioned in this article: Click here for details.

Keep us posted, 

(We shall troubleshoot as a team, fight till the end and emerge - "victorious")

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Feel free to give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" button.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @ ,

Yes, I have use F2 Hardware diagnostic tool with shown the result below, because I cannot get the log file,  and only able to capture with my phone. everything same as the result before.

Capture 1.jpgCapture 2.jpg

And the Battery is now drain super fast, im just open youtube stream for music.cannot last for 3 hours. It worst than and laptop i bought before. Any idea to solve this? 

HP Recommended

@WengSeng

Although, you seem to have missed out on the link I shared to help you sort this out:

Here's the details again, for your reference: "if the tests passes without any errors I recommend you follow the steps mentioned in this article: Click here for details.", and I hope this helps.

Let me know how that pans out

Have a good day.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@ 

Hi,

I have tried all the step Click here for details, by troubleshooting the power supply, test the AC adapter, and the battery, all result passed from the test. And even I manually calibrate the battery. The problem still remain discharge after I shut down the laptop, precisely count about...

HP Recommended

@WengSeng

This is the Riddle_Decipher, again!

I recommend you refer to my private message for further assistance as this could be a hardware malfunction, though the hardware tests have passed, it could be a malfunction within the charger port and it's not being detected on the test as those tests don't usually test the ports:

That said, please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, using the blue envelope: 

Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums

I hope your day gets better, good luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Go to Task manager

If you see "Windows Audio Device graphic Isolation" running at high CPU kill it by seleting it and click on end task.

This will resolve your over heating issue

Thanks,

Raj kumar Kanaparthi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.