Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 14-dh0101tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is a recently purchased laptop and the spec says 10 hour battery back under test conditions. I fully charged the laptop and tried to look at the remaining back up time after disconnecting from the AC power under no load. The tool tip says around 5 hours remaining. Please let me know if there is any setting to optimize the battery usage that HP claims 10 hour? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @kkgr,

Have you tried checking with a different battery on the PC?

Try updating BIOS on the PC to the latest version. 

Update the BIOS using this link. Click Here

Try few steps recommended below and check if it helps.

Try calibrating the battery and run the battery test again.

Refer this article to know more information about calibrating the battery. Click Here

Download and install the latest version of HP support assistant and try running a battery test on the PC.

Refer this article to know more information about using the HP support assistant. Click Here

As you know that the battery is consumable part and everyday usage makes the battery decrease its shelf life.

Eg: A battery on a smartphone decreases over a period of time. The same way the life of the laptop battery decreases over a period of time.

Battery cycle life is the total number of discharge-charge cycles (Figure 1) a battery yields before it can no longer hold a useful amount of charge. Estimating the cycle life of a rechargeable Li-Ion battery is difficult because cycle life is affected by the average operating temperature of the battery and its energy discharge rate.
Basically, higher temperatures and higher energy discharge rates decrease battery cycle life. The operating temperature of the battery depends on the air temperature as well as the heat generated by the notebook itself and by its immediate environment, such as a docking station. The energy discharge (drainage) rate depends on the type of applications running on the notebook and by its power management settings.
For example, running compute-intensive applications such as CAD, gaming, and DVD movies drains the battery faster and decreases its cycle life more than running word processing applications.

To increase the battery life on the laptop try the steps recommended below.

Make sure no applications are running in the background.

You can check the applications running in the background by going to task manager on your PC.

Also, Please perform below-shown steps.

Step 01. Click on the Start Button
Step 02. Type "Device Manager" in the start search box & open the Device Manager
Step 03. Look for Batteries and expand it by click on the + symbol on the left
Step 04. Right Click on "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" & uninstall
Note: This Battery driver will get reinstalled automatically when you restart the Notebook again
Step 05. Please Shutdown the Notebook
Step 06. Please remove the Battery and unplug the Power Adapter
Step 07. Press and Hold the Power Button for full 1 Minute
Step 08. Go ahead and put back the Battery and connect the Power Adapter
Step 09. Look for "Plugged In Charging" message on the Battery icon

Hope this answers your query!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I followed the steps mentioned. Updated BIOS driver to F.06. Manual calibration done. Still the battery back up is showing as 4 hour 30 mins. I have taken HP customer support also but result same.  I think this model with 3 cell only supports 4 hour backup. HP site showing false promise on the battery back up. https://store.hp.com/in-en/default/laptops-tablets/hp-pavilion-x360-14-dh0101tu-6zf27pa.html

HP Recommended

@kkgr

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.