Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery calibration

HP 15 notebook F6D45PA#ABG
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Around 6 months ago I had to replace the battery, and have since done a clean install of windows 10. Now the battery gets to around 30% and the computer just turns off, no warning, just dies. I have looked around and found I need to calibrate the battery. According to all the info I need to fully charge the battery and then leave it on AC for another 2.5 hours. Restart and press F2 to bring up diagnostics. Problem is diagnostics is a little different to the tutourials. My choices are Mem test, Hard drive test, Language, and exit. No mention of battery there or anywhere else. Hp support assistant simply checks the charge and tells me to calibrate. Even shows how(see previous)

Bios is 1.6.0.0 if that makes any difference

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
44,904 40,590 4,392 11,359
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery calibration

You can download the compatible HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI software from the folling URL

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78501-79000/sp78614.exe

Double-click the link to download the file and then double click on it to run ant install the Diagnostics.

What you have described about your new battery is more indicative of a failing battery.

I suggest contacting the store or online vendor that you purchased it from and asking for a warranty replacement.  Main batteries are warrantied for one year.

All you are supposed to  have do with a new battery is install it, connect to AC external power and let it charge until the battery charge LED turns white, indicating a full charge. You can use it while connected to AC power.

I have replaced quite a few notebook main batteries over the years and have never had one perform as poorly as the one you are describing.

If you really want to say thanks, click on the Thumbs up icon .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
imigry Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery calibration

Followed the instrctions, installed to uefi partition (recommended}.

Press F2 on boot. Same screen as before.

Install to usb. absolutly useless

Complete waste of time.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
44,904 40,590 4,392 11,359
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery calibration

Interesting. I have no idea as to what you are doing wrong.

I have used the three-in-one key a number of times without issue.

Did the F2 Hardware Diagnostics UEFI utility ever work in your notebook?

Was your notebook  purchased with Windows preinstalled or with FreeDos?

If you really want to say thanks, click on the Thumbs up icon .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation