Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp Pavillion 15-bc200ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

My laptop battery stopped working and requires replacement. The battery model that came with my laptop is TE04XL. It is an internal /non-removable battery.

I contacted the local authorised HP store for the replacement of same battery model and they are offering TE03XL instead, saying that both the batteries are the same. I understand TE03XL is also an internal battery but the specifications seems slightly different. Will it damage my laptop? Is it safe to use TE03XL instead of TE04XL?

Please do let me know as soon as possible - I have an exam coming up and will have to get my laptop fixed soon. 

Best, 

Vaishnav 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@vaishnavmohanan 

The specs of your machine is

https://support.hp.com/ee-en/document/c05421210

It uses  4-cell, 63.3 Wh Li-ion battery.  The TE03XL has 3 cells, it may fit physically but its life is shorter.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@vaishnavmohanan 

The specs of your machine is

https://support.hp.com/ee-en/document/c05421210

It uses  4-cell, 63.3 Wh Li-ion battery.  The TE03XL has 3 cells, it may fit physically but its life is shorter.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

My original battery is TE03XL, can I change to TE04XL? 
Cause my TE03XL has already broken
My laptop is HP OMEN 15-AX040TX

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.