Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Gaming Pavilion - 15-cx0056wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been using HP Gaming Pavilion 15-cx0056wm for 2 years. My battery percentage started showing as full (change from orange to white light at battery status) for around 93% when plugged in for last few months. Couple of days ago when i turned OFF the charging plug while the laptop is ON, the power gone from Laptop. It never turned ON with battery, i have to plug in the charging cable to turn ON the laptop. I found that the battery is completely dead. I removed the battery and can see it swelling from all sides.

Planning to purchase a new battery which is genuine and original. I can see lot of batteries in various websites but not able to trust them

Can you please provide me links to purchase the battery which is original & genuine.My laptop battery modelMy laptop battery model

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Use the part numbers listed below in a search engine to find online vendors local to your region of the world

From the Maintenance and Service guide

https://pcb.inc.hp.com/webapp/#/ww-en/contents/22910062?type=T&hierarchy=F&status=L&status=O 

4 Cell           HP 917724-856

3 Cell          HP L08855-856

The battery does not need to be genuine and original. HP sources batteries from vendors under contract and does not manufacture them. 

All that is needed to make a smart purchase is that the battery be guaranteed to be compatible with you notebook PC and that it comes with a one year warranty.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.