01-05-2018 01:38 AM
I have purchased New Hp laptop with pre installed Windows 10 (64 Bit) edition in just a month back.. Initially the battery backup was very good upto 6 hrs. But now the battery is drained very fast . Maximum supports upto 2.30 hrs. I have tried re install the microsoft acpi complaint power driver as well. What is the next option . Tried to contact the hp customer care . They did not respond properly .. really frustrating since bought this laptop last month only
01-06-2018 05:56 PM - edited 01-06-2018 05:58 PM
Good Day. Thank you for posting your query in the HP community. I read the post regarding issues with the battery not holding charge correctly. I will be delighted to assist you here.
Superb description and spectacular troubleshooting and commendable diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂
For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:
- Did you update the bios and chipset drivers?
- Did you run diagnostics on the battery?
- Please let me know the complete model# of the computer to assist you better.
For now please try these steps if the notebook is a consumer unit:
Please uninstall the ACPI battery drivers from device manager by following these steps:
- Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand Batteries>then select all the drivers including the ACPI drivers and uninstall it one at a time. Then restart the computer and check again.
If it does not get resolved, then calibrate the battery and restore the power plan to defaults. Link to calibrate the battery and restore power plan to defaults: http://hp.care/2syuGOs
Then update the bios and chipset drivers from this link http://hp.care/2syreDe and follow the on-screen instructions.
- For further assistance, please follow all the relevant steps that match your current issue from this link: http://hp.care/2syheXK
- Also, make a note of any failure code for a failed component like the battery or adapter (charger)
If there the battery fails, then contact Hp phone support to get the computer serviced.
HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP
- Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
- Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
- Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
- Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.
They will be happy to assist you immediately.
If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.
- Please re-calibrate the battery as well from this link: http://hp.care/2symZV5
Some tips to enhance battery life:
- Please always charge the battery to 100% and use it on battery standby.
- Then when the charger is plugged in, there is no issue here. However, when you continue to sue the computer on battery standby, make sure to drain down the battery to lower than 15% before recharging the battery again.
- One in a while, for example, once in 15 days, save up all your work when the battery shows a notification that it is low on charge and allow it to drain down completely before charging again, which enhances the battery’s life and performance.
- This across devices like camera, cell phone or notebook.
- This is because, with each charge and discharge, the battery completes 1 charging cycle and the life cycle of the battery diminishes.
- The battery has a life cycle of a standard amount of charges and discharges only. (depends on the size of the battery)
- It is never a good idea to charge the battery to 100% and deplete 30% of its charge and connect the charger to it again.
- Because you lose out on 70% of its remaining charge and complete only battery charging cycle if you plug the charger back to charge the battery.
- As it goes from 70% to 100% charge and completes 1 charging cycle.
Please check this link out to improve battery performance. There is an associated video included as well. Link HP Notebook PCs - Improving Battery Performance (Windows 10, 8, 7):http://hp.care/2syuGOs
Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue.
Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as“Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂
I am an HP Employee