Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp pavilion 15-da0094ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've noticed a long while ago that the battery life when unplugged from the charger lasts LESS than 1 hour which is unbelievable! I thought this was normal, but I realized that it was way too low when I looked at other laptop that have batteries that can last over 6 hours, I don't know if this is normal on this model or the battery is defective and I need help to decide on that.

Note:

1. I mainly watch YouTube videos when i plug the charger off

2. No, there is no background process that's using too much recourses , when i open up taskbar, the laptops idles at around 10% CPU usage, even while using Chrome

3. the worst part is, I use the lowest brightness setting all the time!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

ScreenshotScreenshot

I think I know why my battery is draining so fast, I looked on HWiNFO64 and the battery wear is at 50% which probably tells why this happened , the battery could only hold 50% of what it used to when the laptop was new, looks like I need a battery!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Zaidos 

Sounds like you are streaming videos while running on a battery.  That is most likely the cause of the battery drain.

I have resource monitors running on my laptop and when I do streaming, the four cores of the processor are at nearly 100% each!  What do you think that would do to a battery?  Run it down quickly, of course.

If you're going to do streaming, you need to have the laptop connected to the wall mains.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help!

but I'm really disappointed in how hp neglects lower end laptops in terms of battery life

I've seen a lot of laptops on the internet that last well over 6 hours while streaming videos, like the xps 13,lg gram, even gaming laptops like the hp omen

I really hope hp fixes this issue and improves the batteries on laptops like mine since they are unbearable.

HP Recommended

ScreenshotScreenshot

I think I know why my battery is draining so fast, I looked on HWiNFO64 and the battery wear is at 50% which probably tells why this happened , the battery could only hold 50% of what it used to when the laptop was new, looks like I need a battery!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.