Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery drains when Spectre x360 is completely shutdown

Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Spectre x360 which I purchased less than a year ago is draining battery when it is completely shut off.  I read another post in this forum that stated the exact same issue but did not see a viable answer.  The answer said to plug the charger into a wall outlet.  That was pretty much the answer.  The issue has nothing to do with plugging the charger to either an outlet directly or to a power strip or any other manner.  The charger charges fine.  No problem there.  But after shutting the Laptop down and try to turn it back on after around 24 hours, the battery has draied pretty much dry.  Now that I see other posts with the same problem, I have to conclude this is a manufacturing defect.  Something somewhere is draining the bettery.  I have no external devices connected to the Laptop when it is shutdown.

And please don't suggest to plug the charger into a wall outlet.  

Babu.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,083 17,607 1,281 1,920
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey there! @babuman, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand the battery drains when the laptop is completely turned off.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes to your PC?

Have you tried updating BIOS on your PC?

I have checked the records and found a service advisory related to the issue you have mentioned. You have to update the firmware to fix this issue.

Since the steps to update the firmware is confidential, I will send you the steps in a private message, Please watch your inbox for more information.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
em3900 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I too have this issue, 

how do i get the firmware instructions?

did they work?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,135 20,755 1,357 2,141
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @em3900,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand the battery drains when the laptop is completely turned off. Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Could you provide me with the Product number and the Operating system installed on the PC? (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...) http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Did you make any software or hardware changes to your PC?

Have you tried updating BIOS on your PC?

I have checked the records and found a service advisory related to the issue you have mentioned. You have to update the firmware to fix this issue.

Since the steps to update the firmware is confidential, I will send you the steps in a private message, Please watch your inbox for more information.

Let me know if this helps!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
babuman Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can't remember getting or seeing a private message to update my firmware.  If it was an email to me, can you please send it again.  Or if it is somewhere on this forum, can you please point me to it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,135 20,755 1,357 2,141
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @babuman,

Thank you for replying,

I see that you are looking for the firmware update in the private message, I understand my colleague @A4Apollo had sent that information in private, however, if you wish the have the steps sent to you again. I would definitely go ahead and help you with this,

I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation