Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Does Bundled Warranty cover for battery damage

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@pk4501, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance, and find tips! I understand you need information regarding the battery on your HP notebook. Don't worry I'll be glad to help you with this.

As I see you have run a test on the battery and it shows a failure code, which clearly indicates that the battery on the notebook has gone bad and needs a replacement. 

Moreover, you would like to know what does Warranty Type 3 mean,  this would relate to HP's Internal use. I would personally suggest you give us some more time so that I can research this and get back to you with more details. 

You could replace the part using the HP Parts surfer for a nominal fee, if you wish to replace the part on your own: Click here otherwise simply Contact HP for setting up a repair service via phone support. 

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.