Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Battery is discharging very fast....

Pavilion g6 2231tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I've recently changed my laptop's battery as the previous one had stopped working due to overcharging because I thought that when the laptop battery gets fully charged then the laptop will run on external power but I found my thinking wrong when the battery stopped working. I changed it for Rs. 6000/- at HP Official Service Centre Chandigarh 5-6 moths ago. But now my present battery is also discharging fast & I've not overcharged my present battery a single time. Please help me with this battery problem.

4 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 177 334
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi@Shreshath,

Welcome to HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Battery charging issue. Is that right?

I would like to definitely help you.

I request you to go through the steps from the following link and check if that works.

http://hp.care/2dKE9sp

Let me know how it goes.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Shreshath Tutor
Tutor
12 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

In first method (Testing and Calibrating the battery using HP System Diagnostics in Windows 8 (preferred method) it is showing - Battery Test : Primary – PASSED(1)

In second method (Testing and calibrating the battery using HP Support Assistant in Windows 8) it is showing – Status : OK

In third method (Manually Calibrating the battery in Windows 8) it is showing - Battery Test : Primary – PASSED(0)

After all this when the battery is 100 % the estimated time showing is 3 hours 16 minutes for which the notebook canbe on battery.

What to do now?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 177 334
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi@Shreshanth,

I thank you for the reply.

The main factors to which the battery of a notebook drains fast are as follows.

• Display screen
  • Wi-Fi adaptor
  • Any USB ports connected with a peripheral for charging purposes.

The Battery backup varies with the environment the PC is being used.

The backup hours are under circumstantial conditions which can never be same.

I believe the backup you found is decent enough.

However, try the calibration process couple more times and check if that improves the backup capacity.

Hope it helps. Let me know for more.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Shreshath Tutor
Tutor
12 0 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

There's no change in environment just the windows have upgraded from 8 to 10. But the main thing to think is that all the drivers of system are up to dated and the battery is replaced with its orignal replacement as the service centre of HP at Chandigarh( SCO 121-123, Sector - 34 A ) took 3-4 days to get that authorised part for a cost of ₹6000, but this official replacement is giving problems in less than 6 months. I mean just think na how I can buy a HP notebook ahead in my life? Should I not go for Sony Vaio ahead?
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation