Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
  • HP product name :- X5Q20PA#ACJ
  • 1:- Laptop goes off within minute just after removing removing the AC adapter, No matter what is the battery charge percentage is.

2:- If battery and charger both are inserted and start doing lot of tasks then it can not heavy load and goes off so to do heavy tasks I need to remove the battery (when battery remove and charger is connected, laptop works fine even in heavy load condition)

3:- when battery and charger both connected, status changes from plughed it to on battery and that adapter logo disappeared and again come back and shows plugged in and when it starts happening it changes in 15-30 second.

4:- i checked all the cell of battery has 3.86 volt voltage and at the pin it has total 15 point something volt so I dont think it is battery problem

5:- I did not do any update but used different charger From my feiends hp laptop

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Saif123

Welcome to the HP support community.

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution:

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Saif,

"4:- i checked all the cell of battery has 3.86 volt voltage and at the pin it has total 15 point something volt so I dont think it is battery problem"

That is not how to test a battery. A battery is tested on its capacity under load, not only by voltage.

If you still have the original power adapter, use it, not an adapter from another laptop unless it is an identical power adapter to the original one.

If your battery is more that one year in use, it is out of warranty and judging by your description of the problem, you are having it may no longer have any service life left.

Run the battery test with the power adapter plugged in.  If you are able to complete the test and it provides an error code please post it here in your thread.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks for that info, I did tested the battery and it was showing that due to age of the battery it may have problem and I am still using the original charger (I did used my friend's charger just few times).

But why this problem appeared suddenly? My laptop battery back up was upto 2 hours in normal  use and suddenly started this issue (charger connected but some time showing not connected and again showing connected after few second, And shuts down after few minute without charger).

I will change the battery but worried if issue wont solve even after that...

BTW, Thank you for your replay

HP Recommended

Lithium Ion battery storage capacity diminishes with age, ambient temperature of use environment and the way they are used.

That is the reason that battery manufacturers who supply products to the notebook PC industry only give a one year factory warranty.

If you have owned the notebook more than one year, the issue  issue was triggered by a tipping point reached when the actual full charge capacity of the notebook dropped down between 50-70%.

You will need to replace the battery with a new one to restore the mobile feature that a notebook should have and we all enjoy. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.