Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery issue in HP Pavilion 15-bc000 Notebook PC series

HP Pavilion 15-bc000 Notebook PC series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello 

I have rather strange issue.

I have been using  HP Pavilion 15-bc000 Notebook PC series for 1.5y so far.

95% of  time is plugged into the charger.

99% of time charger is used for this one specifc laptop.

Yesterday I unplugged laptop from the charger and as I forgot to re-plug it, battery went down. (after around hour or more)

Funny enought Windows did not give me any warning (low batter or something) it just gave me messasge something like " battery is down, closing "

Then I realised that cable it unplugged, I re-plugged it went to sleep and.. after whole night of charging laptop cannot start

Charger works fine on a different laptop.

Laptop's charger LED lights orange once I plug iin the charger but laptop will not work for more than 5 secs.

It does not have removable battery so I cannot check it. but is there any other way to bypass battery in those laptops ?
I did static drain test but did not help.....

Anxiously awaiting any tips and tricks...

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
8,475 8,324 309 381
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery issue in HP Pavilion 15-bc000 Notebook PC series

@Segasik

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• Have you performed hardware diagnostics on battery and Ac Adapter?
  • Did you try another charger?
  • Does the notebook shut down immediately (right after you unplug the charger)?
  • Do you get any error message on your notebook (Such as Plugged in, not charging, etc.)?

While you respond to that, let's try these steps:  

Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8. ( these steps might be repeated please do not skip )

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation