Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion au620tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop is HP Pavilion au620tx bought three years ago. Battery is not charging over 16%. It is taking too much time to charge.

and sometimes while plugin the charger it makes buzzing sound and when i remove the charger sound stops.

Help will be appreciated. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The fuse it is speaking about it inside the battery. That is how it failed; it blew a fuse. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

3 years is about as long as you can hope to have a battery last. We need you to run a full test on the battery using the HP Support Assistant or any of these methods:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04700771

Please post the advanced results but odds are very good its time to replace the battery. We can help you find one to buy and also find you instructions to do the replacement. 

Post back with any other questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

thank you for helping me. I followed the step. and it says that "the battery is reporting failure and needs to be replaced as soon as possible.

I guess i needs to change the battery.

HP Recommended

Do you want help doing that?

HP Recommended

Yes

HP Recommended

Service Manual:

Manual 

(16) Battery 849909-855

Start on p. 29 and battery replacement instructions run to p. 32. 

Compatible battery on amazon india:

https://www.amazon.in/SellZone-Laptop-Battery-HP-849909-855/dp/B081RV5451/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=8...

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

I tested the battery using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics and battery test gives the fuse blown.

I want to know whether there is some problem in fuse or battery.

Thank you.

Screenshot (18).pngScreenshot (19).pngScreenshot (22).png

HP Recommended

The fuse it is speaking about it inside the battery. That is how it failed; it blew a fuse. 

HP Recommended

I though fuse is outside the battery. Thank you for helping me. I accepted it as solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.