Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion - 15-cw0027au
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

I’m facing some weird issues with the battery of my laptop

• When I charge the laptop and hover the cursor on the battery icon, it shows 'Plugged in' message, (which should be ‘plugged in, charging’ I guess). But at the same time battery does charge with the adapter on.
  • Charging stops before reaching 100%, while the battery notification keeps showing ‘plugged in’. This is only evident through the orange light, which turns white before reaching 100%
  • Yesterday the maximum charging reached was 80% but when I re-plugged the adapter after restarting the laptop, it further charged to 93%. Later I let the battery drain a few percent and charged it again, this time it reached 96% and then stopped charging, i.e. orange light turned white. In nutshell, the maximum battery limit increased from 80% to 96%
  • During all this, I performed a couple of battery and adapter tests (via Support assistant and Hardware diagnostics) and not a single time it showed any error. Each test was passed.
  • Looking for solutions online, I decided to calibrate my battery, as per the instructions available on HP support. After calibration the charging is stuck at 68% (still showing ‘plugged in’ only).
  • Now after calibration the test results have changed drastically. Primary battery status has changed from ‘OK’ to ‘Weak(30)’
  • It’s highly unlikely that the battery needs to be replaced because the laptop is just 1 year old.

Solutions I’ve tried:

• Uninstalling the battery drivers
  • Battery calibration
  • BIOS update
  • Disk scan via cmd (no error found)
  • DISM image restoration
  • Windows update (there’s no pending update of OS or any driver)

Please help me with this. I really hope this has nothing to do with the hardware.

Additional info:

Hardware diagnostics results before Battery calibration:

TestVersion = 1.17.4.0

TestId = a088469f-b159-4d7e-b4f9-0f1ed77a95af

Instance = 1

StartTime = 2020-10-05T22:25:11

ExecutionDuration = 00:00:29

Result = ExecutionPassed

PassID = 29976-93610-93258 ================================================== CeementBatteryCheckResult: 11

DevicesSupported: 1

DeviceCount: 1

Primary_ACPowerOn: True

Primary_ACAdapterOk: True

ACAdapterStatus: False

Primary_TestresultString: OK

Primary_DesignCapacity: 3630mAh

Primary_FullChargeCapacity: 2975mAh

Primary_RemainingCapacity: 2786mAh

Primary_MaxError: 2

Primary_CycleCount: 180

Primary_Temperature: 38deg C

Primary_Voltage: 12793mV

Primary_Current: 0mA

Primary_DesignVoltage: 11550mV Primary_Status: 192 Primary_CellVoltage1: 4251mV Primary_CellVoltage2: 4295mV Primary_CellVoltage3: 4245mV Primary_CellVoltage4: 0mV Primary_SerialNumber: 08518 10/27/2018

Primary_ManufacturerName: 333-42-5C-A

Primary_BatteryCTNumber: 6GYTDN5GWBJ06N

Primary_Warranty: 3

Primary_CalibrationType: 3

Primary_ChargeControl: Failed

Primary_TempCharge: True

Primary_ChargeTest: False

Primary_ChargeCapacity: 81

Primary_TempAlarm: False

Primary_DeepDischarge: False

Primary_FullCharge: False

Primary_FullChargeStatus: False

Primary_BatteryCharge: False

Primary_DesignCycleCount: 1000

Hardware diagnostics results after Battery calibration:

TestVersion = 1.17.4.0

TestId = a088469f-b159-4d7e-b4f9-0f1ed77a95af

Instance = 1

StartTime = 2020-10-06T11:02:48

ExecutionDuration = 00:01:00

Result = Cancelled ================================================== CeementBatteryCheckResult: 12

DevicesSupported: 1

DeviceCount: 1

Primary_ACPowerOn: True

Primary_ACAdapterOk: True

ACAdapterStatus: False

Primary_TestresultString: WEAK

Primary_DesignCapacity: 3630mAh

Primary_FullChargeCapacity: 1807mAh

Primary_RemainingCapacity: 1233mAh

Primary_MaxError: 2

Primary_CycleCount: 180

Primary_Temperature: 38deg C

Primary_Voltage: 12425mV

Primary_Current: 0mA

Primary_DesignVoltage: 11550mV

Primary_Status: 192

Primary_CellVoltage1: 4132mV Primary_CellVoltage2: 4165mV Primary_CellVoltage3: 4128mV Primary_CellVoltage4: 0mV Primary_SerialNumber: 08518 10/27/2018

Primary_ManufacturerName: 333-42-5C-A

Primary_BatteryCTNumber: 6GYTDN5GWBJ06N

Primary_Warranty: 3

Primary_CalibrationType: 3

Primary_ChargeControl: Failed

Primary_TempCharge: True

Primary_ChargeTest: False

Primary_ChargeCapacity: 49

Primary_TempAlarm: False

Primary_DeepDischarge: False

Primary_FullCharge: False

Primary_FullChargeStatus: False

Primary_BatteryCharge: False

Primary_DesignCycleCount: 1000

Screenshot (20).png

Screenshot (21).png

Screenshot (22).png

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.