Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 - 14-ba104na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

My laptop is not charging when its on but charges perfectly when its off. With full battery charge I am able to use the laptop for almost 3.5 hrs so i dont think there is any problem with battery. Adaptor works perfectly as well as it charges the battery from 0% to 100% when laptop is off. I have latest BIOS, Hp support assistant and HP PC Hardware diagnostics did not identify any problem on battery, when I ran component test on Power I was asked to connect the Adaptor. This is not an appropraite diagnosis as I know already that laptop is not charging. Please help. I dont have a spare Adaptor to check. I may probably that. Please suggest any thing other solution.

Regards,

Avinash

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Avinash2019,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the battery is not getting charged when the laptop is powered on.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Is the computer working with the AC adapter when power on?

Meanwhile, I recommend you manually update the BIOS by download and install the BIOS from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

If you continue facing the issue, reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under the device manager.

Here is how you do it.

Step 1: Click the Windows “Start” button and right-click “Computer.”

Step 2: Click “Manage,” then “Device Manager.”

Step 3: Click the “Batteries” section. A list of devices will appear.

Step 4: Right-click the “Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery” device and click “Uninstall.”

Step 5: Click the “Action” menu item and “Scan for Hardware Changes” to reinstall the driver.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have updated the Bios to the latest version and I have already tried removing the ACPI controller in device manager. None of them help. Please note the battery gets charged when laptop is off. Once it’s fully charged it comes for about 3.5 hrs. Only problem is it’s not getting charged when it’s on. Thank you for your time.

HP Recommended

@Avinash2019,

I recommend you perform a system reset on the computer following the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @The_Fossette,

Thanks for your attention to my problem. I was going to perform the reset as per the instructions in the url you provided however I got the message in one of the window that "We can't reset your PC while it's running on battery power". and my problem is my laptop does not recognise the adaptor. To tell you exactly when I plug in the adaptor it will just so its charging for just a second and will not charge further when its on. When its off it perfectly charges. Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Avinash 

HP Recommended

@Avinash2019,

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.