Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15 x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'll start off by stating that Im not sure how long the issue has been going on as I work plugged into AC power the majority of the time, however I noticed recently that the battery was not charging. 

So, based on other posts in the HP community, I did the following:

1. Device Manager: removed all entries under battery and rebooted: no change

2. looked for driver updates using HP Support utility: No updates found

3. manually looked on HP site for updates and found a BIOS update:  Applied update and battery started charging!!!

I thought the issue was fixed as the battery charged to 100%, so I thought I would unplug and run from battery for a while.

I took a break from the computer, and came back about 30 minutes later, and the battery was down to 37%, but the processor was at 100%, and the power plan says the system should have gone to sleep after about 20 minutes.

So I rebooted the system, now the battery no longer charges again!

Here's another odd fact....When I run the battery check in the HP Support utility, the icon in the system tray starts moving, indicating that the battery is again charging, but only when I run the battery check.

Crazy. So, I'm wondering if I need to reinstall the chipset drivers?

Any thoughts?

thank you,

Scott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Scott,

Theres a lot of things your missing.

Uninstalling Microsoft ACPI is one of the steps. You have to follow the steps carefully one at a time.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hp-envy-laptop-battery/m-p/57212...

Regards,

ichi

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi Scott,

Theres a lot of things your missing.

Uninstalling Microsoft ACPI is one of the steps. You have to follow the steps carefully one at a time.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hp-envy-laptop-battery/m-p/57212...

Regards,

ichi

If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

HP Recommended

thank you ichi730! that worked for me.

I had done the Device Manager process yesterday and that didnt do much, however I believe that upgrading the BIOS as well that may have been the right combination and now the laptop is charging again.

Thanks again!

Scott

HP Recommended

ichi730,

Good morning,

Well....

I guess I spoke too soon on the fix.

It seems that after going to sleep last night, the battery stopped charging again, and after waking this morning

it's back to where it was previously.

I unplugged the power to make it use the battery for a while, and it's crazy that the power gets used up very quickly as in 30% in under an hour and that's on HP's own recommended power plan. 

Anyway, I plugged the power cable back in and it's not charging again.  

Any other thoughts?

Scott

HP Recommended

Hi Scott,

Well you have to download the laterst UEFI diagnostics version http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/pc-diags.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/pps/pl_...

After running a diagnostics and got a failure id.. You have to replace the battery..

If your computer's warranty is active, you can call HP Support 1800-474-6836 then let them know your case.. I might get your call  out of nowhere so yeah.. Good luck!

Regards,

ichi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.