Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (63 Views)

Battery not detected.

Product Name: dv7- B2P30UA#ABL
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Battery is not detected.

Performed all recommended fixes; upgraded BIOS and ran system diagnostic from BIOS. Resulting response - "battery not installed",  even though it was firmly in place.

BLeo

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (39 Views)

Re: Battery not detected.

Hello, @BLeo – Hope you are well Smiley Happy

Thank you for becoming an HP Forum member. It is a fantastic location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

Going through your post, I see that you are facing issues with your HP notebook. Please try to perform a hard reset on your notebook as suggested here: http://hp.care/2odKswy 

If the issue persists, then it could be a hardware failure with the product. Please contact the HP phone support to get the notebook service options.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Let me know if that helps!

Good luck Smiley Happy

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation