Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 17-x116dx

Hello, 

I have an HP, Model: 17-x116dx

It's a 17.3 laptop intel core i5, 7th gen. 

I'm having trouble finding a replacement battery (Spare # 807956-001 / 10.95V - 31 wh / Nom: 2831mAh, to be specific). I've checked the HP site for replacement stock and it reads as a product that is currently unavailable. I've been hunting around online but even though certain battery products match my Spare number, it's always off on Voltage and Current. Some sites, like Amazon, have me fishing for the Spare number. Which matches but then gets a little confusing with a list of alternative HP Models and sizes and various Voltage numbers, that never seem to match 10.95V. 

I use my laptop for work and noticed that it wasn't keeping charge any more. At around 40% charge, it just depletes instantaneously and shuts off. With a battery life off the charger to be no less than 20 minutes. Now I have to keep it on the charger constantly but it's been counting down the maximum charge the battery can hold. Two weeks ago it read 91% available (plugged in, not charging) a few days ago, it was 88% and now it's 86%. 

Definitely, time to replace it but I'm getting nowhere. Does anyone know any good sources or if the HP store will stock on the replacement battery again? It's been a few months already. Also, I used to get advice through GeekSquad but recently my warranty ran out and to simply assess for a battery replacement is going to be anywhere from one-two hundred dollars. That's not even guaranteeing they can find a replacement, yikes!

So what does the situation look like my knowledgeable peeps? Am I doomed? Ha-ha.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Voxtrox_1100

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Voxtrox_1100

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you, I just replied back to them. Appreciate the help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.