Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (197 Views)

Battery plugged in but not charging, max 57%

Product Name: Pavilion Dv7
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I did some HP recommended updates including a bios update and now I am getting some issues with battery charging. I've not tied the upgrades to the battery issue so I would prefer to keep an open mind to it being something else. I'm now getting the message whenever I click on the battery icon that says "Battery plugged in but not charging" and it will not charge above 55-60%. I am also unable to get my HP Toolbox FX to work properly so that limits my choices to doing battery status checks. I switched charging cables and bought a new battery and the issue remains. HP support is lacking when it comes to the remedies offered. I looked through the forums for this and keep seeing the HP affiliated members continue to put out links to non-functioning or unrelated links. This is becoming  a very time consuming issue that should have a fix and not get run around by HP support.

I tried a system restore to a known point of no issues and I still am unable to get resolution on this problem.

Does anyone know of a "real" fix for this issue once and for all?

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 6 (194 Views)

Re: Battery plugged in but not charging, max 57%

Can we possibly know the full model number of the laptop? DV7s cover many years and many models with different hardware platforms. 

Intern
Message 3 of 6 (180 Views)

hello ..

the problem is not in your battery or your system .. 

its a charger problem !

you may replace your charger with better one .

well i got this problem before but i solve it with a new charger ..:)

else {

change your laptop battery .. if you are using ur laptop with ac plugged in thats will damage your battery ..

you need to charge the battery when it says low 10% .. and do not charge it full.. just 95% 

}

GL

Honor Student
Message 4 of 6 (168 Views)

I should have included the full model, my apologies. HP 6dv-7000 CTO
Model #A5F76AV

Honor Student
Message 5 of 6 (165 Views)

Alaa190,

I had included in my message that I had tried a different charger (cables) and a new battery.  As far as a better one, I have the charger HP suggested for maximum performance, what would you consider a "better" one?

W

Intern
Message 6 of 6 (163 Views)

Im sorry i didnt read that you tried a diffrent charger ..

better one i mean by it use the original one .. i thougt you were using a cheap charger 

:)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation