Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (93 Views)

Battery plugged in, charging but not actually charging!

Product Name: HP ProBook 450 G1
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

To whom it may concern.

I am in desperate help..... I have tried every solution i have managed to find on the internet but none of them work.

I have a HP ProBook 450 G1 Laptop.

When plugging the power supply in the batery shows that its charging but it never actually charges but simply remians on at same level.....

I have checked the power supply as I have an exact duplicate laptop at my disposal, same with the battery. The battery charges perfectly in the other laptop but not in my laptop.

When swithcing the batteries form the other pc it will not charge in my PC. bot both are fine in the other PC.

I have removed the battery, checked power supply, un-installed and reinstalled the ACPI-complaint and adapter as suggested by most. I have done what ever solution i can have managed to find but neither have worked but the battery works  just fine when inserting into the other duplicate laptop and charges fine.

I have tried to instal or upgrade BIOS settings etc.

Nothing has worked for me!

Please can someone point me in the correct direction!!!!!!

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Intern
Message 2 of 2 (42 Views)

Re: Battery plugged in, charging but not actually charging!

Thanks for the post and Welcome to HP Forums

I understand that you are having issues in battery getting charged

Since you have performed all the troubleshooting steps it is clear that no firmware issues are there and it is problem with the battery connector of your notebook pc

Please contact HP support

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

Hope this helped.

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation