11-25-2016 09:13 PM
Battery plugged in, not charging:
Age of laptop 27 months
My battery doesn't charge anymore. If I make a HP battery test on my HP Support Assistant it shows me as a result : Battery OK. Meaning: The battery is functioning properly.
If I test the battery with an additional programm it shows me a battery wear level 100%. This means, the battery should not be rechargeable anymore.
- What should I do?
- Replace battery?
- I have a capacitiy of 18% left. What happens if I reach 0%? Is it still possible to use the laptop with the power cable?
Thanks and kind regards
11-26-2016 06:55 AM
Please perform below shown steps to resolve the issue:
Step 01. Click on the Start Button
Step 02. Type "Device Manager" in the start search box & open the Device Manager
Step 03. Look for Batteries and expand it by click on the + symbol on the left
Step 04. Right Click on "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" & uninstall
Note: This Battery driver will get re-installed automatically when you restart the Notebook again
Step 05. Please Shutdown the Notebook
Step 06. Please remove the Battery and unplug the Power Adapter
Step 07. Press and Hold the Power Button for full 1 Minute
Step 08. Go ahead and put back the Battery and connect the Power Adapter
Step 09. Look for "Plugged In Charging" message on the Battery icon
Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10)
Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 8)
Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 7)
If this test fails, Then please replace the battery :
Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
I am not an HP Employee
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot