Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 5 (357 Views)

Battery plugged in, not charging

Product Name: Pavilion 11 x 360 PC
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi

I had bought this HP Model 11-N010TU Processor Brand Intel Processor Type Quad Core Processor Model N3520 Processor Speed (GHz) 2.16 Processor Max Speed (GHz) 2.42 Installed RAM 8GB RAM Type DDR3 on Dec-2014. The battery has been working great until last week where it starts giving plugged in, not charging with 0% remaining. I had tried to plug in directly to different wall socket but yielding same results.

Troubleshooting carried out:

1. I had run HP Battery check on HP Support Assistant and it gave healthy battery status.

battery.jpg

2. So the next step is I went to a local shop to try and plug in and try with brand new power supply unit suggested by the technician. The results were the same with plugged in not charging error message.

3. I had tried the extensive hardware check by pressing Esc, f2 prior booting into windows and it gave all good results.

4. I had open up the cover dismantle the battery socket to the motherboard and plug that in again by hoping it could reset the battery but it doesn't help.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
PhD Student
Message 2 of 5 (300 Views)

Re: Battery plugged in, not charging

Hi,

Theres a different troubleshooting for plug in not charging issues. This is something to do with the driver of your computer not the battery itself.

Please follow the steps carefully..

Turn the computer off completely.

Unplug the AC charger.

Start the computer using battery only.

Run for a few minutes & test a few applications.

Turn the computer off completely.

Plug  the AC charger in.

Start the computer in AC mode.

If the steps above didnt work then try the second option

Go to Device manager

Look for the word Battery and double click it

Right Click on "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery"

Turn off the computer after uninstalling it

Remove the battery then the AC charger

Press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds

Put the battery back in then the charger

Your battery icon should start charging after booting to the main desktop

Cheers!

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

Top Student
Message 3 of 5 (256 Views)

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately due to no charges remained at the battery, can't try out the first option. The second option doesn't work either. As the battery is hidden under the back cover so to remove the battery is kind of troublesome especially to connect and disconnect the usb3 connector, they are fragile. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

PhD Student
Message 4 of 5 (181 Views)

DTHX wrote:

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately due to no charges remained at the battery, can't try out the first option. The second option doesn't work either. As the battery is hidden under the back cover so to remove the battery is kind of troublesome especially to connect and disconnect the usb3 connector, they are fragile. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Hi,

Try to perform a hard reset.

Unplug the charger

Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds the release the button (I know there no charge at all . You are just going to remove the static energy from the board)

Plug the charger back in and check if you could start the computer.

Regards

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

Top Student
Message 5 of 5 (142 Views)

Hi

Tried that couple of times still not works. Is there anythings else i could try? Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation