cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Battery problem

HP Recommended
HP x2 Detachable 10-p0XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I'm new in this forum, and I'm sorry for my terrible english, but I've a big problem:

I've an HP x2 Detachable 10-p0XX and since some day (I think 3 or 4) the led of battery's charge status is blinking and Windows notify that the battery is connected but it is not charging and the icon is all black but whit the icon of jack.

Moreover, today, the pc is dead (i think for the low battery because while I use its connected to the electric current it works without problem.

Besides the pc have some problem to turn on if I use the battery (I have to  keep pressed the power button).

Is a hardware problem with the battery? Is a problem of Windows? Is somethin that I can repair or I've to take it as a warranty? 

I hope I have not written too many mistakes.

Thank for your answers

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
13,019 12,963 1,699 3,952
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

All these symptoms make me to think it is the battery that has given up it's life.

You can perform HP battery tests from HP support assistant software or from system diagnostics in BIOS/UEFI by tapping f2 key as soon as you power on notebook

Get it replaced with a new HP battery

Manual: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05227773

Page 10:
Battery, 2-cell, 32-Wh (includes cable) : 859517-855

https://www.walmart.com/ip/859517-855-Battery/694541308

Page 29 for replacement procedure. Huge dismantling to be done on the tablet. Get it done from authorised service centre.

HP would replace it free of cost of you're within 1 year manufacturer warranty. Else buy the part from online seller and get it replaced from good technician

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation