Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 840 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The battery on my laptop has been working fine. Suddenly, however, unplugging the computer from the charger causes the laptop to die instantly. The laptop will not power on or light up unless plugged in. When plugged in the battery meter shows 100%.

• I have tried different chargers which work fine on my other HP EliteBook 830
  • I have tried updating and rolling back my BIOS updates
  • I have tried opening the back and reseating the battery
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Check your battery and computer. When you're done charging your laptop click on the battery and see the percentage. If problem persists, try changing your battery. Before that, also check your battery usage and see which program is using the most power. If it is okay to do so, get rid of that program. If none of the ways on top works, you'll have no choice but bring it to a place that fixes laptops and ask for help.

Regards,

Tan Tian Xiang

HP Recommended

The battery is at 100% The laptop shuts off immediately so it's not an application which is using the battery up.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.