Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Omen laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Today i had  a phone call from HP that my swollen battery is going to cost me 350 euros to replace.

Now i am sure that this looks like a production error as more people on this board are reporting this failure on the same laptop.

I wanted to respond to a post of someone e with the exact same problem but it seems that post was closed.

Now is there any news on this topic? or is the only way to pay the 350 euros the get this laptop back to normal.

I hope HP has a beter solution than that.

laptop1.jpglaptop2.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK. That means that the battery is at the end of its service life.  

Replacing the battery with a new one isn't that difficult if you have jewelers screwdriver tools and a small tray for the screws and some patience.

If you can provide me with a ProdID or complete product name as I suggested, I should be able to provide you with a link to a video showing how that is done. I can also supply a link to the most inexpensive website to purchase a guaranteed compatible battery for your notebook. I happen to have had a small business in the Netherlands devoted to IT in the past. Otherwise, you can have it done at a PC or notebook shop at a far lower price than what you stated that HP gave you.

Main batteries for notebooks have warranties for one year in most cases, unless you purchase an extended warranty when  a notebook is ordered.  That one year warranty is the same even if you purchase a battery direct from the same manufacturer that HP sourced it from for manufacture.  I hope that gives you a bit more clarity for your expectations.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Is the notebook still in warranty?

Check your warranty status Here.

What is the complete product number or the ProdID on the bottom of the notebook?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

No, my laptop is approximately 3, 5 / 4 years old. 

HP Recommended

OK. That means that the battery is at the end of its service life.  

Replacing the battery with a new one isn't that difficult if you have jewelers screwdriver tools and a small tray for the screws and some patience.

If you can provide me with a ProdID or complete product name as I suggested, I should be able to provide you with a link to a video showing how that is done. I can also supply a link to the most inexpensive website to purchase a guaranteed compatible battery for your notebook. I happen to have had a small business in the Netherlands devoted to IT in the past. Otherwise, you can have it done at a PC or notebook shop at a far lower price than what you stated that HP gave you.

Main batteries for notebooks have warranties for one year in most cases, unless you purchase an extended warranty when  a notebook is ordered.  That one year warranty is the same even if you purchase a battery direct from the same manufacturer that HP sourced it from for manufacture.  I hope that gives you a bit more clarity for your expectations.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.